My son fell and now he has a weird bruise on the inside of his lip and outside.

He isn't bleeding but the inside of his lip has a couple white looking bruises and the outside part is swelling and red, almost looks like a scab on the other side but he just did it. It's so weird looking. I think his tooth hit there when he fell but I can't see a cut or anything. He also got a huge goose egg on his head. I am a first time mom. Everything in me is screaming rush to the doctor but do you think a ice pack will be okay? He doesn't seem to notice the bump and bruise. Lets me touch it and everything without crying. My son just started walking and this is our first big ouchy from it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• busy momYou did good Have him suck on a popsicle atleast he is enjoying it and you are feeling alittle relief at the same time :) Next time depending on how bad he hurts himself try not to run to his rescue bc in the future he will always expect mommy to be there I know it will be hard to do but think about it it will pay off as he gets older. Oh and if he falls and bumps his head and you know it was a pretty hard fall and there was no bump where you know it should have been watch him closely make sure his eyes are not dialated and don't let him go to sleep just keep on eye on him for a few hours when he appears to be himself then don't worry about it. GL I am a mommy of 2 Have fun it is going to be along journey but your gonna love it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OH and I always say I'd rather see a bump then no bump at all (because that bump could have grew inside) that is why I say make sure he is back to normal and if you want take him to the doctor. But there will be alot bumps and bruises so don't go to the doctor for each of them :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Sounds like you're both doing just fine! Small cuts on the mouth and lip always seem to look far worse than they are. That whitish tinge is just plain weird but normal. As long as it isn't bothering him, don't let it bother you!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• put some ice on it,i herd its good if it swells out,also look for vomiting,not his usaul self,dont let him go to sleep for at least 2 hours. my little one has hit her head twice,this last one was on the nearow part of the door and her bump didnt go away until 4 months later.also good if they cry right away.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2009