Would you buy or would you pass? (Dolls of all races)

Just curious but would you buy a different race doll just bc they didn't have your race available?

Hmm...I would.... why not dolls can be friends too of all races right?
Not to mention it gives my daughter a positive way to have all races of friends :)

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have multiethnic dolls. I think it's a good thing.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i would buy either for my child.... why not??....... im sure some people would pass but children need to be friends with all races...my husband is cape verdian and im white so. wht lol
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 1:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If my daughter played with dolls, she would have a variety of dolls.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My daughter is black/white and we buy her dolls of every race available.  So I see no problem in buying a different race of doll. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Most of my daughters dolls are white, but she does have dora and diego. I'm not against her having other races. I just never really thought about it. When I was growing up I wasn't allowed to have black dolls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If my daughter wanted a doll of another race I would buy it for, but for now she prefers dolls that are the same color as her. It's not the way I raise her, we have family that are half black but that is just what she prefers right now. If she changes her mind, I'm open to that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My dd got her first "black" doll on her 1st Birthday and I have to admit I was a little shocked by it because the person that bought it for her said "she needs to learn about all races and I'm trying to teach her the multicultural thing"! WTH! I understand, but a 1 year old? I will be teaching her the "multicultural thing since I am Hispanic and dh is Italian! But, yes we do have all different kinds of dolls.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't have a problem with it if DD liked dolls. She went through a short doll phase, but realized that for her climbing trees and riding bikes was waaay more fun.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My daughter usually picks out her own dolls --- I buy her whichever one she wants (if I can offord it). So far, she's picked out little white babies, Dora dolls, & Kai-lan dolls. If she picks out a little black baby on our next trip to the store, then that's what she'll get.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My daughter is 14 months old, and has very lttle interest in dolls. we got her a baby doll cuz we were expecting a new baby and we wanted to see her reaction to something small. however she lauged, and handed the toy doll back to us. For now she is walking around with a black football and always playing with trucks.

but in a way i have to buy a different race doll since there are hardly any NATIVE AMERICAN DOLLS
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2009