how do i get my two year old out of my bed?

Any good ideas? She started out and slept in her bed since day one. Then at about a year and a half, she started climbing out of her bed wandering around in the middle of the night. I freaked out and brought her into bed with me so I could keep an eye on her all night.
Truth is, I love sleeping with her, but my hubby and I want each other back. Any really good ideas? (PS she has 4 older siblings)

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make her share a room with one of her siblings. You just have to make her do it. I don't know of any other way.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yeah, there's no reasoning with a two year old. I agree with lowncope. If you leave even just a LITTLE wiggle room, she'll keep doing it. Each time she does it, and it's the middle of the night, no talking, no reasoning, just bring her back to bed, give her a kiss, and go back to your room.

This is going to take TIME, but after a few weeks, she won't do it anymore.
    caphillmom603

Answer by caphillmom603 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yea, you're going to have to keep putting her back in her bed like caphillmom603 said. just be patient and consistent.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Thank you guys so much! No fun but it will be worth it for my marraige.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I'm right there with you! My son co-slept until he was 14 months old and now I just can't get him to stay in his bed. We've been fighting it off and on for 8 months now. Either I have the most stubborn son of all or I just really suck at enforcing rules!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You shouldnt start something you arent willing to finish..its not fair on your child.

Try putting a mattress in your room and allow her to progress to it....then move it into another room. Don't push her before she is ready.

Many women who co-sleep don't realize that its usually around 3/4 that most kids will be happy to go into their own bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My dd has slept with my husband and I right from the beginning. She started the night in her own bed so hubby and I could spend time together and because we don't go to bed at 7:00 lol. She has slowly started making the transition on her own into not waking up at night and thereby spending the entire night in her bed. She's 2 1/2yo and some nights she still comes in and some she doesn't. We are pretty unconcerned about it and recognize that this is only a brief passing in our lives together. I think you really have to keep in mind that forcing a transition on a toddler is just going to cause more stress, less sleep, and then less time for everyone involved. I don't really understand how something as small as sleeping arrangements for a short couple of years would ruin your marriage. Especially when you two have been together long enough to have five kiddo's. ;)
    yelli

Answer by yelli at 9:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2009