How can I get a good job with 4 kids and a husband that offers no support?

Lilli26

Asked by Lilli26 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Look for a government job in your area.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Good freakin' luck! I had a hard time doing that with ONE kid, and now we have two, so i pretty much have resigned myself to the fact that i dont get to go back to work til they are both in school!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It depends on your skill set and background and what field you want to enter. Once you've got that sorted out, you can come up with an attack plan for finding employment.
    caphillmom603

Answer by caphillmom603 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We have 3 kids, my DH works days and when he gets home I work nights as a waitress ( 5pm- 10pm ) I make min. wage plus tips. We dont need daycare and I am home with my kids all day just like a SAHM, at night when I work the kids have fun with Daddy!
    daralynn

Answer by daralynn at 1:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You go to networking events. You update your Linkedin profile. You have a great resume (or three) and send them with customized cover letters.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I know its hard with children and not getting support. Most of the time you wind up spending more on daycare and afterschool care then you're making at your job! Have you considered working from home? I make a fulltime income selling for Avon. There are tons of ways to make money with the company including hosting in person and online fundraisers, selling traditionally in person, hosting vendor booths, forming a downline through recruiting, hosting online parties, hosting in person parties and events for friends family and local businesses and much more! You can start for only $20 go to www.start.youravon.com and use ref code dhullum email me for questions! Good luck~
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 7 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet Ceo Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You need a good daycare provider, and you need to get the kids on a system where they are helping out with the housework. We have 4 soon to be 5 and it is tough to work full time but I manage. The kids help out with daily chores, and then I use half a day on the weekends to get the house good and clean. It's doable but not easy.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• A home based business is an option, if you are up to it, but I do not recommend one of the "business in a box" solutions you find on the site. I would talk to former employers about telecommuting, do research on home based businesses (from books, not direct sales sites who promise the world by fail to mention the horrible turnover rates) or figure out what you'd really love to do and learn it, offer it, do it. I started a copywriting business, and although I am not where I want to be yet, I got a gig that paid all my bills and left plenty of free time...plus extra within a few months of applying, networking, etc. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Take him to court for child support, I assume you're divorced if not push his butt off the couch.

You have at least 4 choices:

1.) Look into public assistance that should offer free daycare, food-stamps, and other aide and go back to collage for skills. I don't know what qualifications you have or what schooling you've done, so I'm assuming you have none, if this is the case get some. Upon graduating get a good paying job and work yourself off assistance.

2.) Again assuming you haven't any skills you can invest in a home daycare until your children are old enough for school and you can work during their school hours.

3.) Try to find a job that will support you guys. Jobs like police dispatcher, that job pays at min. 50k a year, average 60k. Yeah it's stressful, you have to make a certain score on the tests and don't get to pick your hours, but it's a good paying job, req. no xp.

4.) Stay home and leach the system.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009