Writing a book.

I have a wonderful story to write. But I have no idea what to do when I am done writing it. How do you go about getting a book published? Do you have to pay any money to go through the whole process? Could somebody explain to me exactly what it is I need to do when I am done writing this story?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I think you just have to send it out to a publisher. no payments.there.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 5:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• First of all, anyone who charges you to publish your book is not a legitimate publisher....period.
    I recommend getting some good books from your library. Get a copy of the current Writer's Market. If your story is fiction make it the Novel & Short Story Writer's Market, look for Writer's Digest Magazine, it has great information on writing. Without knowing what you're writing, it's hard to give you advice, and even if I knew, there would be so much that you need to know. I highly recommend reading some books on how to format your book, and what to send to propose your book. Depending on what kind of book, you may need an agent. A lot of publishers will not read unagented material.

Good Luck!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I dont know but I think its wonderful that you are writing a book. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You can research this in detail at your library, and online. Bless your book and you:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It would depend on the type of book you want published. Is it fiction or non-fiction? If you are looking to get it published and sold in book stores, than you would need to contact publishers to get your book printed. If this is just a personal story that you want to share with family and friends, than you might want to consider Heritage Makers. You can create your book online and then have it printed into a hardcover book that you can give to family and friends and preserve your story.

Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 1:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2009