Just need a few more answers- pinky in baby's mouth

I was at my aunts the other day for a get together for my niece and my cousin just had a baby and he was crying because they were taking too long to get his bottle so i put my pinky in his mouth ( they showed me that when I had my daughter) I has just washed my hands before i held him so obviously he was the only thing I touched. My aunt came up to me and smacked me and yelled at me to get my finger out of his mouth. Did I do something wrong or is it just her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's just HER. Hope you smacked back.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It is YOUR child. Go with what feels right for you. If another adult smacked me, family member or not, they better duck and hide. It is none of her business.period.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i would b pissed if someone did that to my baby its just gross its my baby and i only want my or my husbands hands near his mouth
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i think you should never put your finger in someone elses child, so what if the baby cries a little bit, its what they do, it won't kill them, i just had a baby 6 days ago, and i would not like it if my sister or mom or anyone but me out a finger in her mouth. Sorry but you should of asked first.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No no this is my cousins baby.... my cousin didnt even say anything while she was standing next to me, her mom did
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You are the mama, you can do whatever you want! Sucking is soothing for babies - you were just helping your baby - I probably would have done the same thing with my finger or a pacifier.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would never put my finger in another babies mouth, family or not. Your cousin may just not have felt comfortable enough to tell you not to. That's something I think only mommies should do with their own kids. No big deal though - you didn't mean any harm!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• This isn't your baby? I think you need to clarify that point.

I think your Aunt was right for telling you not to put your finger in the baby's mouth, I think she went to far by slapping your hand, but she was probably shocked you would do that.
    If you were the child's mother you could do whatever you want, but since you are not the baby's mother you need to respect the mother and grandmothers feelings. My guess is that your cousin feels the same way as her mother or she would have stood up for you when her mom was ragging on you.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i dont think i can clarify it any better then the sentence that says that my cousin just had a baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OKay..I misread. I thought the child was yours. If the child isn't yours you should never put your hands in their mouth.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2009