UGLY TUMMY :(

i just had my baby 3 weeks ago and iam wondering how long did if take you till your tummy started lookin somewhat normal again.. you know not that saggy.. pouchy and the ugly black line...

MylilLondon

Asked by MylilLondon at 1:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would like to know, i just had a baby 6 days ago and i feel like santa, lol, i don't want to have a saggy tummy.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My hormonal line dissappeared within about 4-5 months....the saggy skin doesn't ever go away unless you get a tummy tuck. Also, stretch marks, if you have any, won't go away. Your tummy aside from the saggy pouch will start to shrink back to somewhat normal within a couple months....Mine was back to normal in about 3 months.....but unfortunately skin is elastic and won't bounce back no matter how many situps you do....what I would do since you are still only 3 weeks out, is wear an abdominal binder...it might help put things back a little quicker :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• my dd is 4 months old and my tummy doesn't look that bad anymore...still a little more jiggly than I'd like but I don't worry anymore that people will mistake me for being pregnant! I would give yourself 3 months to feel normal again. And ignore all those lucky jerks on here that claim they were back in their pre-prego jeans in 2 weeks! That is not the norm!!! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I also forgot to add...if you are breastfeeding (doesn't matter to me :) ....it will shrink much quicker...I lost all of my weight in 4 weeks...it just took longer to "look normal"
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• This just pissed me off.  ;)  You have just given birth!  You are entitled to go awhile before worrying about your bellies!  The mothers on here that I've seen answer questions on this topic really make sense to me.  It took 9 months to get the belly, expect it to take 9 months to take it off.  Everyone is different of course.  Try situps, I guess.   I'm not saying thats what I think you NEED to do though, I think bellies are gorgeous even with their "flaws".  ;)

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had my baby almost 3 weeks ago, and I breast feed. Its not as saggy as it was, but I also wear a reshaper
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• as far as weight, for me it was 9 on, 9 months off. But the belly is not the same. My whole body changed becuase of the pregnancy (inside and out!). Consider it the mark of motherhood :) Just enjoy your baby and don't worry too much about your tummy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Had my baby 3 YEARS ago and I'm still waiting for the saggy overlap to go away.

Quit your complaining.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Honestly, I don't know why so many women are hung up on their stomach's appearance after having a baby. Come on, you just gave birth to the most beautiful being in the world, and all you can think about is how ugly your tummy is. So many women out there CAN'T have kids, and then the ones who can complain about their bodies afterwards. I've had 2 babies...VERY LARGE babies...and I'm a very small woman and always have been very thin. I gained 50 lbs. with my daughter who was 9 lbs. 1 oz. and was originally 105 lbs. before I had her. I gained 70 lbs. with my son who was 8 lbs. 11 oz. and was 2 WEEKS EARLY and was originally 116 lbs. before I had him. I had BOTH of my kids via c-section, so I not only have battle wounds (aka stretch marks), but I also have scarring from surgery. When I look at the piece of art my stomach has become, I am thankful because I CAN have children! :) Just be thankful!
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 3:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My tummy went back to normal fairly quickly. By around 6 months I had a flat stomach again but I have quite severe stretch marks I got in my final month of pregnancy.

My pregnancy line seemed to take ages to disappear..I think I had it for at least a year after. My son is nearly 2 now and its gone..i forgot about it lol.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009