Anyone gotten pregnant after having their tubes tied??

Has anyone gotten preg. after having their tubes tied? What happened?

daralynn

Asked by daralynn at 1:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had 2 mc within 2 years of my tubal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• There were 4 women in my town this happened to, w/in months of each other, all by the same doctor, during c sections he clamped the tubes but the clamps disolved or some freak thing like that. Other than that I've never heard of it.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My cousin's wife had an ectopic after hers --- Ectopic pregnancies are the most common as far as pregnancies go after a tubal. The sperm is able to bypass the surgical site, but the blastocyst or embryo gets too big to fit back through -- implanting inthe tube.

A friend's family member got pregnant with triplets within months of her tubal. THAT was a shocker! LOL Woman had 6 kids under age 5.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I did but it was an ovarian ectopic. The sperm got through and implanted in an egg that had just come through the ovary. Finally burst the whole thing. I almost bled to death because my stupid Dr didn't do a pg test because he had tied my tubes after my last baby. They did emergency surgery and I had to have 2 liters of blood.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OMG, you ladies don't need to be telling me this! lol

I just had my baby almost 4 mos. ago and have my tubes cut, tied, and burned. Hopefully that would be enough to not get prego again...lol! My doc said I only have a 0.5% chance of ever getting pregnant, so I'm thinking I'm good!
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 3:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Thankyou for your replys, I have the clamps..I wonder how they dissolved???
    daralynn

Answer by daralynn at 6:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had my daughter on May 3rd and had my tubes tied... ugh I don't even want to think about getting pregnant again. I do not want any more kids! I do think some kids are meant to be though lol.... but still, I'd be really really mad if I were pregnant again :)
    Mandie2006

Answer by Mandie2006 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• ugh!!! i had my tubes tied in may of 08. my hubby was deployed for 7 months so of course i didn't get pregnant then. and he's been home now for 11 months, and we're still good. no pregnancies! yay!!! i had my tubes cut, tied, and burned! it better freakin work. i am so done having kids!!! 3 is enough for us! but, if i do get pregnant, i guess it was meant to be. and then my husband would be going to get a vasectomy!!! lol!!!
    marinewife1303

Answer by marinewife1303 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2009