Stretch marks?

Does anyone know of a cream that works amazing for preventing stretch marks? I would like to avoid them :) I would like to hear of anyones recommendations!!!
Thanks a bunch!

lkuhn

Asked by lkuhn at 1:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure. stretch marks are genetic so if it runs in your family you're going to get them. No cream will help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Stretch marks are genetic but using cream definitely helps with the itching and stretchy feeling....I used Mama Bee belly butter by Burts Bees and LOVED it...I used it as soon as I found out I was pregnant. It was so soothing....I didn't get any stretch marks but noone in my family has them...I think it will help some. Good luck and congrats :) By the way, I just slathered it on after showers and before bed :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• mama bee belly butter (burts bees) i also used vitamin e oil. burts bees makes an oil with vitamin e and other oils, i didnt get to try it ($7.99/bottle! :-0) make sure you use something at least twice a day. if you do start getting a stretch mark put some scar cream on it (i think its called maderma)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I used something like cocoa oil? Can't remember what it was called but there was a picture of a pregnant woman (a drawing rather) on the front. I only have 2 tiny little stretch marks. I honestly believe it helped because both of my sisters got bad stretch marks. Gaining too much weight will def make them worse also.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I used a product called miracle neutralizer. It comes in gel, liquid or lotion. I used the liquid when i was prego with the twins, I put it in a spray bottle and sprayed it on everyday, i used the gel as well so either is fine. The only place I got stretch marks is my butt cause i never though about putting it there..duh. anyway i am using it this time as well and still have none. (it doesn't mosterize so be sure to use lotion AFTER it dries completely)

http://miracle2distributors.com/index2.html

let me know if you have any questions. oh and stretch marks DO run in my family
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• stretch marks are genetic so if it runs in your family you're going to get them. No cream will help.

my mom has them i don't... it's all about the elacticity of your skin...i used palmer's belly butter with both my pregnancies & don't have any stretch marks at all
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• SIMPLE DONT GET PREGNANT. DOES THE BEST WAY LOL. LOOK AT UR MOM OR ANY FEMALE IN YOUR FAMILY IF THE HAVE THEM YOU WILL TOO. MYFIRST I GOT SOME ON MY BUTT WITH MY SECONDALL OVER MY BELLY. AND I USED PALMERS LIKE CRAZY.. YPU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO PREVENT THEM BUT IF YOU USED THE LOTION YOU CAN REDUCED AND LIGHTEN THEM
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I used a product called elastin3, a friend recommended it and she said it even helped take away stretch marks she already had, I so far have none and I am over 36 weeks, I had to buy it online and it is expensive if you don't mind spending the money but worth it.
    kpaquin

Answer by kpaquin at 3:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I am almost done with my 3rd pregnancy and have no stretch marks. I just use regular lotion a couple times a day...so far its worked.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Saying it is genetic is not the same as, "look at your mom, if she has them you will". My mother has them ALL over and I am pregnant with #4 and have never had a single stretch mark. I also rarely ever put lotion or anything on my belly. If you are going to get them you are going to get them no matter how much you lather up your belly.
    happySAHMmomof2

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009