Would you care/ say something?

I just checked the cameras in my son's daycare class, it's nap time and I noticed his teacher TEXTING on her phone. She does have a little girl, but she goes to the same center... Would you say anything? I mean the kids are sleeping.. is it a big deal, you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, lets look at it like this:  Do you do things while your child is sleeping?  Thats how I would look at it.  As long as she isn't completely ignoring the children and she is glancing up to make sure everything is still peaceful, no I wouldn't see a problem with it.  If YOU have a problem with it then I would speak to the teacher.  I would want to make sure that wasn't something she does ALL the time. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't understand...why would this even remotely be an issue?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• no...why do you think it's a big deal?
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 2:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't.. really.. but we used to get in trouble for it ALL the time at the preschool I taught in... to the point they threatened to make us turn in our cell phones at the door and pick them up when we left. Just wondering if other parents would have an issue.. Like Isaid, *most* of the kids are sleeping-- there is one little heathen awake <---- OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No I wouldn't no biggie don't start nothing if the rules do not apply there as it was for your place of employment. Just let it go. You'd be considered as a "nit - picker"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If she wasn't texting, what could she be doing that would be appropriate? Having a coffee in the break room? What's the difference if they're napping?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If the kids are asleep, even if one is awake, i dont think it's a big deal. But if another woke up and she kept texting, then maybe......but it would depend on what the kids were doing.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009