is there any possibe way i can go about getting a free breast pump?

I am a 24 yr old mom of five and number six is on the way,I work and. Try to balance motherhood,between bills,car payments,and other things that has to be done it get over whelming.I have been accepting hand me down for this pregnacy because I know its gonna be difficult to buy everything I need for baby.if there is any resources that would help,please be so kind to inform me,thankyou.

mommyshae6

Asked by mommyshae6 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask someone at your local health department, I know in my home town they offer a BFing class and everyone who graduates gets a free pump( I think the classes are in the evening and you only have to go 5 times)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• WIC loans you a hospital grade if your baby is early, gives you an electric if you are going back to work, and a manuel one if you are going to be a stay at home mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• WIC may be able to help. Also, insurance companies occasionally will pay for one. What do you need to use a pump for?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• WIC offered me a free breast pump, brand new, if i chose to breastfeed. just go to your local health department.
    micahsmommy512

Answer by micahsmommy512 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• wow that was rude. My hospital gave me a free hand held medela pump (I didnt even ask) because my nipples are flat and we had a hard time getting her to latch, see if the hospital where you are going to deliver has the same practice!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• What do you need to use a pump for?

i think is caused she hast to work but she wants to bf.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• WIC will give you a hand-held if you work less than 20 hours a week and an electric one if you work 20 hours or more a week.
    Sign up for WIC now before you have the baby.
    Good luck mama and congrats!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Do you have insurance? I think some insurance companies will cover it but you'd have to call and ask...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Vbruno... I don't understand your comment.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009