A question for fellow Christians only, please......

Let me preface this by saying that if you are NOT a Christian I am not trying to be rude, but as a Christian I am looking for answers from people that share my beliefs. If I wanted to know a Buddhist, Pagan, Atheist's, etc., perspective I would specifically ask those groups.

What would you do/say if you had a friend in a coma that you weren't sure was saved?

My friend is in a coma after attempting suicide. He was slipping in out and out conciousness yesterday but they had to put him under because he kept trying to remove the IV's, etc. I am not sure he is saved or what his beliefs are. I know that at one point yesterday he could hear me when I was talking with him. I am planning to go see him again. Can I say the sinner's prayer on his behalf and trust that some part of him will either accept or decline whether he is conscious or not?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 2:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow, it is so crazy that you asked this question right now. One of my devotions this week was written by a woman who was in a coma, and recovered. She talked about what happened to her while she was in the coma. She could hear what was going on, but she could not speak. And she said that God was ministering to her in a way she had never felt before!!!

God can speak to people in coma's there is still HOPE. Pray against the enemy. Pray for the Holy Spirit to speak to him!!! I am going to post the devotion in a journal. I will return and link it for you : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think you can... if he was my friend, I would definitely do it for him. I've been comatose and I can remember hearing people talk, bits and pieces... it's worth a try.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 2:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• it dosen't hurt to try...maybe he'll see that God is the only one who can make his life more peaceful if he lives, or if he dosen't make it maybe he'll realize that he dosen't want to go to hell
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes, I can read. Yes, I understand you only want people of certain beliefs to answer your question. I will say this...you are limiting yourself when you sorely need the support of people.

Go with what your heart is telling you. Based on what I just read, you have already answered your question, so just do it and quit second guessing yourself.

Next time you ask such a serious question, don't limit yourself as to who can help answer that question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Thank you, Gremlyn!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Sure you can say it, but only he can accept or deniy Jesus as his savior. And I'm pretty sure he has to be in a correct state of mind to accept Jesus or deniy him. God knows this man's heart. Saved or not, his life IS in God's hands.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I do not see any reason why you can't, if nothing else pray for God to open that window of opportunity for him to get his soul right with God. I believe that God will give you that inner peace about this situation when it is all settled between your friend and God.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I agree with the anon. I may not be a Christian but I can understand what you are doing. I think your friend would understand and either way you know you are doing what you feel is right. And that is all we can ever do in life. So I think you’re a true friend and would like to think my friends would do the same for me, if I wanted it or not. Because no matter what religion we choose we are all looking to be saved by something, whether it be Christ, Buddha, Mother Earth and whoever else is out their. We can only do what we think is right, and I happen to think what you are doing is right and I will be thinking of you and your friend. I hope he makes it and is good to you in return for all you’ve done. I wish you both the best.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• So basically you only want people to tell you their opinions if they are already agreeing with you.
    So what is the point in asking the question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Anon 2:20........If you don't believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God why, when I'm asking a question in reference to accepting Him as your Lord and Savior, would I want your opinion?

If a question is directed towards Pagans, Atheists or whomever, I don't chime in because I understand you don't share my beliefs so therefore my opinion probably doesn't count for very much, right? Why can't I get the same respect in return?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2009