Being too pushy??

I am a 28 yr mother of a 3 yr old. I currently don't have custody of son but get visitions. I am trying to get son back. My boyfriend is a momma's boy and live with his mom. I have a place of my own in the country where it is peaceful. However I am happy with my boyfriend, but miss the peace and quiet. Am I rushing my relationship by asking him live with me after 3 months??

ms.tom28

Asked by ms.tom28 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Focus on your boy. He needs a mom not a mommas boyfriend. He's already had a hard enough life being seperated from you. It's not all about you once you have kids. They have to come first. Not trying to be mean, just being honest. also, after 3 months, you don't know this guy. If he's still the same after a year, consider moving on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Sounds to me like you are rushing things. But only you can answer this question. ASK yourself how it's going to look to the judge when your trying to get custody back of your son, is this guy a sex offender? have a record? past drug addict? all these things will be brought up in court if the EX finds out you have "some guy" living with you and want your son back. Best of luck to you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i think 3 months is a little bit too soon to ask him to live with you. especially with the stresses of the process of getting your son back. Maybe you could have him over to your place a little more, but to live their permanently would probably be to big of a step for him right now. But i dont know yalls relationship, or how long you initially known eachother before you started dating so those factors would also have to be considered in the question
    Rylansmommy386

Answer by Rylansmommy386 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• you should worry about getting your son in your home not a guy get your priorites in order, that's probally why you don't have ur kid to begin with
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• are you sure its not a rebound thing? i'd say give it more time. what can you possibly know about a guy in a 3 months time to make you decide he is ready to move in?
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Sounds like a lot on your plate. I would continue to date my BF but not move in together until you get your custody issues settled. One step at a time.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009