It's finally fall, what fall-like things have you done?

Today in FL is the first day we've experienced cool weather and I LOVE it. The air outside smells different when it's cool out, my kids and I got to spend a whole hour at the park instead of 15 min of sweating in the heat. Tomorrow, since it's Oct. 1st we'll be putting out our Halloween decorations, and today I made my first apple pie which made the house smell delicious :)

So have you started any Fall traditions yet?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, we've started our fall nature walks where we collect things like leaves, pine cones and small twigs to decorate my centerpiece in the middle of our livingroom and dining room tables.

I've pulled out my soup recipes. I've started to burn my autumn scented candles. I also just started my new holiday inspired cross stitch that I will hopefully complete by early December so that I can hang it up. Next we'll go apple picking. I've started buying all new canning jars so that I can start perserving things like apple butter, bread and butter pickles, salsa, corn relish and fruit perserves. We decorate the lids and wrap them in a fun fabric print and pass them out to our neighbors who we're close with.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Here in VA it is a lovely, cool day, too, and I love having the windows open.
    I'll be putting out my Autumn decorations soon. This is my favorite time of the year.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• walking around without my make up! lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Worn a jacket . . . teeheeheee
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I made beef stew in the crockpot. Mmmmm -- it was so good.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• things have been chilly here for a hot minute, LOL, since tomorows the first we are going grocery shopping and putting out some halloween decorations. im going to be making some sweets the next few days. and raking up the leaves. around the 15th we are going to be doing some pumpkins.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I got out my fall decorations on the first day of fall - last week. Tomorrow I will put up some of the Halloween decorations since it's Oct. 1st and save some for this weekend so my kids can help (which they love). Here is CA it was cool yesterday which I loved but otherwise it's generally pretty warm here (our "Indian summer"). I've also made more cozy type dinners and switched to my autumn scented candles which helps it feel like fall for me! I love fall - it's my fave season. Loved your question, fun to see other people's answer! I can't wait to go to the pumpkin patch.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I actually got chills!! Im so excited its now getting cooler. I live in Florida....I hate the heat. lol. I get so excited when the cold comes. I find it wrong when you can go to the beach on Christmas Day and actually go swimming. I love the cold and the snow!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• its freezing here in CT.. I"ve already switched over my daughters clothes and my clothes. Working on the fall decorations, gotta figure out where the heck they ended up after last year! LOL
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• lots o football mostly. i made some chili yesterday. put out the halloween decorations out today and redid the closets with fall clothing today. hooray.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009