Exorcisms on Gay Teens...Has the "church" lost its mind??

Gays, lesbians, homosexuals, bisexuals, transgenders, and so on...5 Words; THEY are who THEY are!

Unfortunately we live in a society that makes ppl of ALL differences denie themselves in order to please, and satisfy others. But, WTH!! This poor guy actually was actually brainwashed into thinking that there was an "evil spirit" that was inside of him to "make" him gay. They told him, " the spirit of 'God' was a AGAINST him!" Who does that?? Who tells a person that who they ARE is not who, or how God made them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2Uk7qTYms

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 2:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in About CafeMom

• God is against gays look at sodom and gomarah
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Well, then God must be against the entire world. Just look at all the starving, washed away, burned, or murdered innocent ppl (and Kids) out there.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• God is NOT against gays......he LOVES the sinner hates the sin.

I dont agree with Exorcisms for being gay. But I do believe our culture has become so much about personal desires that true right and wrong moral behavior is being erased from society. And I hate to say it, but there are things that are black and white, right and wrong. And everyone of us does something wrong....therefore we are all sinners! Me included ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Most of my male friends are gay and there are about 6 guys I work with who are and I love them to death. I don't agree with them on being gay and the Bible and God is against homosexuality, but like someone else said, God loves the sinner and hates the sin. One of my best friends is gay and I have asked him before what made him decide he was gay and he said it is just a natural attraction to men and it is not something he can help. He has even tried being with women before but said it just wasn't the same attraction. It is their life to live and if they want to be gay or lesbian then that is their choice, not some demon that can be cast out of them.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I dont deny that SOME (I say some, because I feel like a good portion of gays choose it b/c its the new rebellious thing to do) But the ones who truely feel drawn to those of the same sex really have those feelings. I am sure they really do feel that way. But that still doesnt make giving in to those feelings right.

There are probably many ideas that go through your head from day to day that you choose not to do, WHY? b/c they are wrong things to choose.

Do you think that some "strait" people sometimes have a gay desire? Probably....but they choose not to give in to it.

Just b/c you want it doesnt mean you should do it. Sorry just my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Anon 2:54 I respect your opinion.
    However, there is a BIG differnce in being a certain way and thinking a certain way. Im African American and I AM this way - its not wrong. Stevie Wonder is black, or so he "thinks" it b/c someone told him he was. Its not wrong. Someone "told" (dont know who, b/c it wasnt God) the world that being gay was wrong. That doesnt mean it is.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 3:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I have to agree with the mommyBrooke849! I sometimes think that my life would be easier if I just robbed a bank but I am not going to rob a bank because it is wrong. Sometimes I just want to strangle the cashier at the supermarket or that older boy that is always picking on my son but I don't because it is wrong. We all have urges to do thing we should not do but most of us control them because to give in to them would be wrong. So you want to sleep with another man or another woman. Oh well, it doesn't make it right just because you have the urge to do it. God does love the sinner and hates the sin but that love for the sinner is not going to stop God from casting him into Hell for giving into the sin. And as for those who say they were born in the wrong body. God does not make mistakes. If he wanted you to be a woman you would have been born a woman.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Sorry I was looking at the wrong thing when I replied. I wasn't agreeing with mommyBrooke. Her name was just on the right hand side of my screen at the moment. I was agreeing with Anon 2:54
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• sugahmama: God very much told the world homosexuality is a sin. Along with many others. God and the Bible is where much of our cultural normals come from.

like I said before though, God doesnt hate them for being gay anymore than he hates someone who lies or is a thief or maybe who lusts after others wives.....the list goes on.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Dear, I believe "the church" (although not ALL of "the church") has lost it's mind a very LONG time ago. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009