So where do most of you moms who breastfeed live?

I asked because I have had my comment erased several times from journals or just been ganged up on because someone said that Americans push formula feeding. Now here in the Illinois area I have experience the opposite. I even develop PPD with my first born because I decided to formula feed her because of the type of medication I was/am on. Needless to say all of my children are formula fed although I know breast is best there are too many side effects...people who even know the circumstances still treat me crappy. I am not asking this to start drama...how ever you chose to feed your child is your business, as long as you feed them! I am really wondering...since all I hear is bad things about formula.

Brickhouse95

Asked by Brickhouse95 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I live in Northeast Ohio. In my county, every woman I have encountered with a baby breast feeds. I also live in a county where a lot of mom's are SAHM's (a portion of them also being Amish).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I live in Texas. I breastfed for a while, but gradually switched to formula when I went back to work. Honestly, I don't know very many women in my area who have EBF for more than a few months. I find some of the rants on CafeMom regarding breastfeeding are of an extremist/fanatical nature. I was caught up in it before my baby was born, and then I suffered a great deal of depression when I gave up. I have a sister and a couple of sisters-in-law that have children and live in Arizona, California, and New Hampshire, and none of them EBF for a full year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i breastfed my daughter for a year before she self weaned. i live in oklahoma. here ive noticed that they push breastfeeding..having extreme commercials about breast being best...i love it.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• sc. we have one bf commercial is by medela and both the military and civilain hopsitals are pro breastfeeding
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• TX and still bf at 10 months. At work 5 out of the 6 of us who had babies within 6 mos are all breastfeeding. Being women's health nurses might have something to do with it, but still. No one I know outside of work breastfeeds. It's sad really. We have a large hispanic community here in TX and almost all of them BF, though they also almost all supplement with formula.
    Missbehaves

Answer by Missbehaves at 3:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I BF all 4of my kids.. I live in Pennsylvania
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 3:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I live in Chicago. I breastfed (while working full time) until my daughter self-weaned at 23 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Connecticut.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I live in Phoenix, where both breast feeding and formula feeding are common.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 3:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i live in florida. and more than once i have run across people who have asked me to stop feeding my oldest DD or leave. i told them i was in my rites to nurse my DD. they could not see anything, and they usually left me alone. and that was almost 10 yrs ago.
    possummom

Answer by possummom at 4:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009