Question about circumsision???

My son has had to stay in the and hospital after I was discharged. They called to tell me he was circumsized this morning, so he was not happy and would be "crabby" today. I asked how long the discomfort would last and she said probably just for today until the stinging goes away :(
They explained that they use some kind of sugar water before they do it and that gives them a "sugar drunk" that puts them to sleep during it. Has anyone heard of that?
Well..my question is - is there anything you can give for the pain? Tylenol maybe?

I am about to go up there and will ask them, but I was just wondering if there is anything I could bring or ask them to give him to help with his pain.

I hate to think of him up there hurting :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They gave my son a pacifier dipped in sugar. I honestly don't know how that helps. They gave him a dose of Tylenol BEFORE the circumcision was performed, then he was on round-the-clock Tylenol for 24 hrs. afterwards. He never seemed to have any problems. I was so worried that he was going to be in pain, but he never cried or anything.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 3:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yeah they gave my son the sugar stuff in his paci too,but i never gave him anything cause he was good,i just left him in his carrier so he wouldnt be moved around a lot.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I hate to think of him up there hurting :(

If thats true why did you get him circumcized?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I agree with anon :28
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Anon's, get over people's decisions.

Easy to judge with that little Anon button huh?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Are you nursing? You can put breastmilk on his penis-it will help heal it as well as keep infection away. It also helps with pain. You might notice he cries when he pees.

If you are FF well that is just another controversial topic.

I would not give Tylenol-yet another controversial topic.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009