What can you give your infant for the pain after being circumsized?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• My sons Dr. recommended Children's Tylenol but I would check with your sons Dr. and find out exactly what he wants you to do.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i didnt give mine anthing,all i did was leave him in the carrier and not buckle this way he is not being moved while being held,i cleaned him very often but pretty much didnt move him around besides that,he was good the whole time.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Nothing honey. Keep the ointment on it, you can use Neosporin w/ Pain help if it makes you feel better - but just follow the hospital's instruction and he'll be just fine. I had two boys, both circumcised, they seemed fine when I cleaned it; which was every time I changed them. I was gentle and applied the salve the hospital sent home. Here ya go, sweetie...... this will help you out. http://pregnant.thebump.com/new-mom-new-dad/newborn-basics/qa/circumcision-care.aspx

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I was told to use just the neosporin with pain and he never seemed uncomfortable.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 3:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Nothing - if he's fairly new, he's way too young for anything. I didn't use anything for my son and he never seemed to be in pain, didn't cry excessively or anything. Just love on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009