When did you get your period back after you stopped breastfeeding?

Its been over a month now and I still haven't gotten mine back. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and I'm not pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• How old are you? I ask because if you're older, even in your late 30s, you could be losing your sensitivity to hormone fluctuations, making it evident that you're coming close to menopause.

Two negative pregnancy tests may not be the whole story... false negatives are pretty common, and most women ovulate before their first period after breastfeeding.

The other question is 'how long did you breastfeed?' If you're less than 6mo post-partum this is just normal... if you nursed for 3 years, it probably isn't.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• 1- I'm 24

2- TMI, even though I took the tests, I really don't think I'm pregnant 'cause my DH and I are way too careful and with his work schedule and mine and taking care of a kid, our schedules conflict so we really have sex maybe once or twice a month.

3- I breastfed for 14 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009