stop trying?

Is it just me or do you just want to slap the next person who says "just stop trying"? Yeah... like it is just that freakin easy to forget that you want a baby. We aren't talking about wanting a puppy here or something.... we are talking about a BABY and if someone can just "forget" that they want a baby, they obviously dont want one that bad!

Jen110786

Asked by Jen110786 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Sometimes when people stop stressing about trying to have one, they relax enough to conceive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i understand you very well it is frustrating when people are not in the same page as you are
    Glendalopez96

Answer by Glendalopez96 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• well the truth is, its true,my cousin wanted a baby so bad she couldnt get pregnant but the second she relaxed it all worked out for her,maybie thats what they meant.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• do you think this is something going on in your mind sicologic perhaps
    Glendalopez96

Answer by Glendalopez96 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• some times when people say just stop trying they mean that if you stop trying so hard and enjoy the love and the making. you can concieve faster that way.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I personally cannot believe that people can say that. I think that sounds horrible, maybe they meant to stop thinking about it as much and it will happen faster (I have heard that from people before)...but saying that to someone seems classless, heartless and extremely unrealistic IMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• See, and I would say something like 'take a look at the envrionment you live and work in. Many women who are trying to concieve are living or working too close to other women. Specific other women.

It has been established that female hormones are not only airborne but also affect other women near them --it is the mechanim that 'magically' makes women's cycles match when they spend a lot of time together. The problem arises when the woman 'driving' everyone else's cycle is either not sexually active or involved with someone sterile, so they are simply not going to get pregnant. The women around her won't get pregnant until they go away or she goes away.

Of course, your question isn't about this... but it seems to me that your hamfisted acquaintences are trying to tell you that they're tired of the play-by-play. If you're complaining about your struggle, they're just saying 'don't complain to me, I can't fix it' awkwardly.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• the thing is is that I DONT tell people we are trying unless they ask. For example, we were at a birthday party last week and someone commented on what a beautiful daughter we have and asked "when are you going to have another one?" and since she is in the family, I simply told her that we were trying and it just hasn't happened yet. her response (along with everyone else that asks) was "just stop trying and it will happen just like that". Non of my co-workers have even the slightest clue that we are trying, it is either people that either ask ME or people on CafeMom who responde to "any suggestion" questions.
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Did you EVER consider that maybe JUST maybe God dosnt want you to have a baby yet for some reason? If your THAT obsessed you have bigger issues than wanting a baby.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• lol...yeah..i hate when people say that...."just quit trying and you'll get pregnant"..
    ...but it works..lol. i have a dd..and several years ago we tried for number 2....we tried for over a year..and finally i told dh one night that dd was going to be our only one bc i couldn't "try" anymore..it was killing me. and he agreed...and then...boom...i got pregnant instantly...
    ...but that doesn't mean i hate that saying any less NOW when we are trying for #3 and have been for 18 months now...good luck sweetie
    butterfly-jo

Answer by butterfly-jo at 4:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2009