How long is it supposed to take to get pregnant ???

I am healthy 28 and no fertility problems but it took a year of calenders, ovulation tests ,and upset before I got pregnant with my last baby. at what age does your fertility nose dive? because I know with my other babies I just had to be in the same room with him to get pregnant. WHAT HAPPENED? any tips now that Im trying again?

TashaWelch

Asked by TashaWelch at 3:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Stop stressing and trying so hard just let what happens happen. It was when I said that you know what I don't really want one and bam I was pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It's different for everyone. It has to take into consideration both your fertility and your husband's. I was off b/c for 6 mos. before I got pregnant with my daughter. I was off b/c for 2 yrs. and was actively trying to get pregnant for 1 yrs. (the other year my husband was deployed to Iraq and we decided right before he left that I'd get off b/c so that we could have a baby when he got back from Iraq). Exactly 1 YEAR to the day that my husband came home from Iraq, WE WERE PREGNANT! I had a hormonal problem though, and I had to be treated with Provera tablets for 5 days to get my body back on track. Because of all the stress I endured during my husband's 1 yrs. deployment to Iraq, I developed a false menopause at only 29 yrs. old. After I was put on the medication, within 3 mos. I was pregnant, and that 3 mos. marker fell on the 1 year anniversary of my husband's return home. :) We just had our baby in June 2009.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 3:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• idk God makes the call,i asked for a baby and got one it was my first time trying and i got pregnant.i dont belive in calenders and ovulation stuff,when someone is meant to be its gonna happen,God doesnt follow any rules.Good luck :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I wish I had some tips for ya. I am 22 and hubby is 25 and we have been TTC for over a year and a half. We have one daughter who was a suprise and now we cant get pregnant for the life of us!
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Each pregnancy takes a toll on your uterus. Also? STOP stressing and trying so darn hard to TTC and just "do it" You know the saying, I culdnt get preggo till we gave up trying to make it happen. When your calm and not actively trying to get preggo thats when it will happen dear. Relax.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It takes as long as it takes. You're still too young for your fertility to be a problem....menopause hits in your late 40s and beyond.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009