No IDs for illegals

The Senate finance commitee knocked down an amendment that would require everyone to have a picture ID to get any healthcare. Here is just more proof that Dems want illegals to have healthcare on our dime. So now, not only do our costs go up because they use our ERs everytime they get the sniffles we will be paying to give them assistance to buy healthcare they shouldn't have.
The Dems say if they can buy their own insurance policy they will not use the ER thus saving us money. So do you think they will come out of the shadows and give all their info to the government to get the privilage of paying for insurance when they can get it free? I'm thinking NOT

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I see it this way: They are killing the border patrol agents to get here now. If they get free healthcare with no consequences for being illegal, how many more will cross over to get here? I think we will be flooded with illegals, and there will be no consequences whatsoever, they won't be deported or anything, and there goes the few jobs left in America.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• They will do the same thing they do now. Little Jose has had the sniffles for 3 days, so at 11 pm they will load up the family car with mama, papa, and all 9 kids, plus auntie and her 6 kids and go merrily down to the local hospital ER, where they can turn the waiting room TV up to max volume, race around between the chairs of genuinely ill people suffering everything from incipient heart attacks to nearly amputated limbs, shrieking and giggling. Once little Jose has has his sniffles attended to the night's free entertainment is over and they will all go home, never to have to pay for this lovely family outing. Why would they change such a lovely system THEY already get free healthcare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• LOL anon:34! You are right and so is the OP. The dems are determined to get it one way or another.

IMO they shouldn't be receiving free care now. Life or limb care is okay....NOT the sniffles.

It isn't that I don't care about these people. I just don't think we should give our valuable resources to criminals. We have hungry American kids for God's sake. As long as there is a little American tummy that goes to bed without supper we should NOT be spending our money on crap..that includes a bunch of foreign aid.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think we as American Voters NEED to start voting all these ASSHOLE lawmakers OUT of office! We need our Govt to work FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE and stop taking special intrest and lobbist money and following their rich friends agenda's. Vote the bad ones out!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• 'So do you think they will come out of the shadows and give all their info to the government to get the privilege of paying for insurance when they can get it free?"

They are in the country illegally.  They have already committed one illegal act simply by being here. If they are working under false papers or getting paid under the table, they have committed multiple illegal acts.   I doubt they care about the other laws of this country, especially if following those laws might get them deported.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• illegal-aliens.jpg image by tom2tones

Photobucket

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• What would be ideal is if they treated the person and then sent them back to their home country slapping a bill on that country. That country then could decide what to do with that person. If they wanted to fine them and get their money or not. I feel that this problem will never be fixed until countries become mroe responsible for their citizens and pay the price when their citizens cost other countries money.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I like Sylvia's idea.

Thing is, it's NOT health care that's bringing them here or keeping them here. I'ts MONEY. People are hiring them. Whether or not it's legal.

I think a government ID card *is* needed. But requiring it will do nothing to stop illegal immigration.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• "I'ts MONEY. People are hiring them."

You hit the jack pot!

viridian

Answer by viridian at 1:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2009