Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where can i get help for my son and grandaughter ?

my son is 30 yrs. old and is a single dad of a 7 yrs old little girl . He lost his job in aug. and cant find another one. Angel ( his daughter ) tells him it will be ok daddy and brakes our heart. her birthday came this month and he had no money to do anything for her so i took all i had and had her a party. where can i find someone to adopt her for Chirstmas I cant do much anymore im trying to stay above water myself. any ideas

Answer Question

Asked by furball21 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Where are you from? I know Salvation Army does help for christmas as well as Must Ministries that is if you are in GA. Call United Way they will guide you to all resources.

    Answer by msladyluck46 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • Please go to! It's free to sign up and you can post up to 3 wishes in a 72 hrs. period. I love Wish Upon a Hero! I'm a Wish Ambassador and also a Program Director of Operation Return the Favor under the Wish Upon a Hero Foundation. :)

    Answer by JamiDesigns at 3:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • Toy's for tot's comes to mind. Also look into local churches and the Salvation army as they all do things for kids who would go without at the holidays otherwise.

    Answer by vbruno at 4:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • Watch the local news closer to christmas and they usually have a toy drive, you can call them and ask.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • I live in a small town in Alaska and even here we have 3 stores and 4 churches that all have angel tree's. That is where you fill out what your granddaughter wants for Christmas and it's hung on the tree in the shape of a star usually. Someone comes along and takes that particular star and fills the request and leaves it at the place the tree was at. The only info on the card is what age child it's for and if it's a boy or girl. Then if they have a particular request it's included. No names are put on it. Every church in town makes Christmas baskets for family too. They include food, toys and clothes. Don't be afraid to go to one even if you don't belong to that church. Get your request in early!


    Answer by Cin53 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • Talk to local churches - most of them have something like a giving/angel tree and no, you do not have to attend that church to benefit from this tradition. Good luck with your family!!!

    Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

  • look for the angel tree program.

    Answer by lawla at 10:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.