doctor question

okay im 13 weeks pregnant i did have insurance but it got canceled and i havent been to the doctors since about 8 weeks and my new insurance isnt going to kick in till nov 1st and by then ill be 18 weeks i know thats a long time to go without being seen is there any other place that could take me ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didnt have insurance for a little while at the begining of my pregnancy...and i was like 3 months before i even found out....me and dh paid out of pocket until ours kicked in...have you tried calling your local health dept.? maybe they could help
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It may depend on your options in your region, your coverage, your risk status, but you should be able to get in somewhere.
    I would recommend checking into a midwife/birth center since you're starting with a clean slate. If you're having a normal, low-risk pregnancy you can get AMAZING prenatal care, have a wonderful and safe delivery, and are more likely to feel satisfaction overall.
    (I feel like a commercial for midwives, lol, but I have a good reason!!)

Good luck! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• call your local health department and ask them they would know of things in your area
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 4:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You could call your local Social Svc department and get medicaid for preg. women until your other insurance kicks in. Or you can go to the health department and actually be seen. Both are options. Make some phone calls, and ask how much it will be to pay out of pocket, some places will give you time to turn in your insurance paperwork after seeing you, if you explain the situation. Itll be time consuming but your basically going to need to make a day to sit on the phone with your phone book and a notepad in your lap. i just had one of those days..GOOD LUCK!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Some doctors don't charge for each individual prenatal appointment - it's a package that is paid in one lump sum at the beginning or end. Call your doctor and ask how they do it, if you'd be able to come in now but have it billed with the next one, something, but no, it's not a good idea to skip an appointment like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• How about trying your local health department? I know mine offers some services in prenatal care perhaps yours does too. Good luck!
    armanaqueen630

Answer by armanaqueen630 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• if it were me, i would just skip october, and go to the health department for a simple check in. call them and see if they will do that sort of thing. basically all that they would do is listen to the heart beat and do a urine test. you might want to go ahead and call because they are usually super busy. :) good luck. as long as you eat well and avoid alcohol etc, you should be great! :) then you can get an untrasound in november if you want
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009