babysitting costs

i started babysitting for a younger couple from 6 am to 8 pm
two children a 3 month old and a almost 4 year old
i charge 500 weekly
is that to much or to little???
i feel so exhausted after!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Wow... that's a long time. I know there is a website that you can check what the rates are. I'm not sure what it is though. Hopefully someone else knows what it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Rates all vary according to where you live. I watch a 3 year old from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30-6:00 p.m. and get $30 a day which is sadly actually good pay for where I live. I also watch his sister after school for about 1.5 hours a day, four days a week and get $20 a week for that. But you are watching them for 14 hours a day...that's extreme....so no I don't think you are getting too much...too little maybe but not too much. Do you watch them 5 days a week?
    cissykissy

Answer by cissykissy at 5:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't take less than that. Are you a nanny or is this in an inhome daycare? If you're a nanny its about right. If its an inhome daycare its good but you can up your income by adding on extra children to care for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If I did what you did, I'd be happy with what i got. I would wanna be able to bring my kids with me.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2009