I am dealing with anxiety/insomnia during this my fourth pregnancy. Anyone experience this? Any safe meds to help?

Exploring Trazodone, Zoloft, and other SSRI's. I am curerntly on BuSpar which helped initially but not any longer. Prior to pregnancy took Klonopin- worked great but not recommended for pregnancy. Ambien and Lunesta did not work, as my insomnia is more anxiety/racing thoughts related. HEsitant to take meds, but know I need to get a good night sleep, for myself and my ability to take care of my other three children. Feel so confused and anxious about this insomnia/anxiety problem!

moms4sleep

Asked by moms4sleep at 4:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• talk to ur doctor the only thing they said i could take over the counter wise is tynenol pm but u sound like u need something stronger ask for a perscription sleep medication that will work better then what u've been taking
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 5:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My doc said tylenol pm was okay but I would call your own doc before taking anything because everyone is different.
    abbyleigh

Answer by abbyleigh at 5:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Have you talked to your Dr about Melatonin? A natural supplement that helps regulate sleep. I use it on occasion, bought it at wal-mart and it makes me very sleepy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009