Why are so many mother's ignorant to CPS/DCF/DCYF?

Why do so many mother's find it so hard to believe that CPS won't take their child as long as he or she is fed, clothed, has no bruises etc. It DOESN'T matter! I know several people that lost their kids for outrageous reasons! I wish more mother's would do some research on these baby stealing scum bags! I know someone who even lost their kid because these monsters didn't think a single mother could handle a special needs kid! She got him back but only after she got married, coincidence? I think not. Do NOT trust these people if they try to get involved! Do NOT think they are a great resource! If a CPS worker knocks on your door, CALL A LAWYER!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hear hear!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Agreed
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 4:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• experienced?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I disagree. It is a hard position to be - to balance where a stable home ends and abuse begins. It is in the best interest to protect the child and these people are doing their best to find abuse. Sure, somestimes they mess up, but in their opinion, it is better to air on the side of the childs safety than to leave them with abusive parents. Don't attach them until you've worked their job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• And every foster home is a loving home and none of them do it for the money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I only have complete trust in the following~ God, my DH and myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I am NOT attacking, just merely trying to make mother's more aware. Try doing some research and not just on the government pages. There is so much truth to what I'm saying, people don't want to believe it because then they would have to face the fact that is 100% true. IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU! I'm just trying to make it so it doesn't.
    Anonymous

• In Upper Michigan my twin sister has a house with garbage piled hip deep, cockroaches, mice , maggots and all her many medication in tiny zip lock baggies all over the place. her 5 y.o is forced to make her own food and Michigan CPS WONT take her kids because there is fresh food in the house. Someone once told me that in Michigan you have to murder one of your kids and have 3 wittnesses that are not related to you in any way to get your kids taken, and I guess it's true. Our family tried VERY hard to get her kids taken away. They refused everytime. Even after she tried stabbing me to death in front of her kids.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I work in a school and I find the opposite of what you are saying. There have been numerous times when we were sure CPS should/would intervene and they choose not to. In our area (because each area is different) it is extremely difficult to have a child removed. This is my experience, in my area, with the cases I know about first hand.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• CPS has been to our house twice and left both times seeing there is no merit to the complaint. CPS was called on a couple of others I know and again, nothing was done and they went on their way. They have to check all complaints out but they can't afford to take all the kids away from folks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009