Would you grant this dying man's last request?

Would you allow a person's ashes to be spread on your property?

Now the back story.
My parents bought their first house when I was a kid. It was a foreclosed home in shambles. The house was livable, but needed repair, the yard was horrible. My father spent every free moment for the entire 14 years that they lived there fixing it up. My dad loved that house and the property of about an acre. We had horses and goats, which was my dad's dream, as he grew up on a ranch.
Anyway, the house was over a hundred years old and need more repairs then they could keep up with, when my mom found out she had cancer they sold the house. But it broke my Dad's heart, but he had to take care of my mom.
My dad now has terminal cancer and he wants to have that property as his final resting place. Meaning he wants his ashes spread there.

Would you allow this if you were the current owner?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 4:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think it will hurt anything. Sure I would.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• In a section of my yard, sure, not anywhere near my garden though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Id probably find a spot where his ashes could be spread that wouldnt be disturbed and whatnot.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i would say yeah go for it and it wouldnt matter where you put them either
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 4:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• sure. it doesnt hurt anything or anyone.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No, sorry I wouldn't do it for a stranger. you have the option of talking to the new owner and asking them.

Personally, if a stranger knocked on my door and asked me this I would have them escorted off my property.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I asked my daughter if a person came to our door and said her father lived here before can we spread his ashes in your yard what would she think.

She said no way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If someone asked me this I would be a little wierded out at first. Like I hope thye dont haunt the place..or whatever.Ultimately I would let them scatter the ashes and I would be respectful to the family and let them have a ceremony there as well if they wanted.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's not like it's gonna bother me any--it's just some dust!
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 4:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Of course, I see no harm in it.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009