Does Medicaid cover dental work?

ok so long story short: one of our sons died last month and well we got on medicaid because of his high hospital bill. We went ahead and added our other two boys. My oldest son was suppose to get sedation surgery for his cavities but the dentist wouldn't do a payment plan. So I'm needing to know if medicaid will pay for his dental work.

zackaroosmom

Asked by zackaroosmom at 4:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• Yes. You need to talk to someone at the Medicaid office though to find out what you can spend. Sometimes it's only up to $600.00 and then you have to pay for the rest. Going in at the end of the year, then having the work finished at the beginning of the year is best if finances are a problem.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• The first poster is correct. The calendar year for benifits is Jan 1 to jan 1st Call your Medicaid rep and talk to them about what will or wont be covered. You can also look into dental colleges in your area that DO offer payment plans at a drastically reduced fee.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• ok thanks. once my husband gets to working good which will be in the next week or so, money won't be an issue for long.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 4:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Oh shit I'm sorry.  That sounded kind of insensitive.  I didn't mean to imply that you are broke or anything, I was just saying why pay for it out of pocket if you don't have to.  Sorry if I offended you, it wasn't intentional!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• oh no I didn't take it that way. I was just saying that it would be ok if they don't cover it all.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 9:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009