Do you eat Spinach? If so, how do you cook it and what do you put on it?

I've heard of people cooking it up and dipping in soy sauce, how do you eat yours?

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 4:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I saute it with garlic and olive oil, add cubed potatoes, and onions. Add saute until potatoes are done.

I make it with ground beef, rice and cheese and bake it.. Cook the spinach, then add to cooked ground beef mixed with cooked white rice. Add shredded cheese. Put in a greased baking dish and top with more cheese. Bake until heated through.

I also eat spinach with just a bit of butter and salt.

Also, fresh spinach salad with strawberries, blueberries or blackberries (any mixture), mandarian oranges and carmalized pecans. With a raspberry poppyseed dressing. YUMMY!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I eat it raw and usually I blend it with some bananas and water in a smoothie.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I put fresh spinach in salads, smoothies, burritos, stirfries, etc., or sautéed in garlic and olive oil.
    I keep frozen, chopped spinach in the freezer to bump up the nutrition in soups, sauces, stews, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We eat it raw, for salads, but cooking it? We use a collander and steam it then put some olive oil and fresh lemon juice on it. It's VERY YUMMIE
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Usually by second nature I add oil, garlic and just boil the spinach, the rest is drizzled over, and the garlic is best fresh, a second idea for garlic to do it properly in the experience with my taste buds is boiled (frozen) spinach, drain, squish it somewhat, and plate it.
    Then,..... make a side dish of those lipton noodles packets, and have it as a compliment.
    Garlic toast is great with just plain spinach. I use real butter, and parmasean cheese with garlic on the toast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yes , . in salads.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 5:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I love it with vinegar. yummy. It is also good fresh in a salad.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• fresh in salad or on a sandwich

cooked in dip or in pasta recipes particularly.

don't really care for it cooked unless it is in something.

I make spinach salad that even my pick hubby loves:
    baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced onions, fresh sliced strawberries, raspberry poppy seed vinaigrette and toasted walnuts. It is delicious
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• The spinach we eat is all frozen now that our garden is done. I just thaw it out and add a little butter and salt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I make quiche with it! Spinach mushroom and swiss quiche, crustless so it's low carb and gluten-free.

tons of spinach recipes at daniellecooks.wordpress.com
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009