Has any other moms on here had a Myelogram?

I go for a Myelogram on Friday and I'm scared.I have never had this done before and I want to know how other moms felt after they had one.

queenplunkett

Asked by queenplunkett at 4:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• As long as you follow all the Dr's orders you shouldn't have any problem. Usually you can have nothing to eat or drink 8-10 hours prior. A laxative or enenma is pretty standard too so that bowel material can't infere with the pictures. Our hospital does then with a CT scan. Some places use a floroscope. Neither are painfull. It is very important to tell them before hand if you even suspect you could be pregnant, are allergic to iodine or shellfish and if you have astsma or diabetes. Mostly, the dry mouth and grumbling stomach are the only issue. There will be an IV placed but if you try to relax and try not to tense up even that goes pretty smoothly most of the time. Most radiology centers will have a drink and even a snack available after the test.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009