can teething cause fever AND throwing up?

My daughter is 6 months old and is teething. Last night I did not get any sleep because she was screaming all night because of the pain. She also had a fever of 101.7. Yes, I did give her some meds for the fever and it goes down, but comes back up. I fed her some rice cerial, and then a couple hours later she through it up!
So my question is can teething cause a baby to throw up? Or is my baby probably sick? =[

xoJessyxo

Asked by xoJessyxo at 5:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son throws up when his teeth are really bothering him. He's 10 months now and cutting another one, he doesn't want to eat solids or anything because of his teeth. He's been spitting up his formula lately because of this little tooth. :) Babies go through a lot with teething. Just watch her to make sure there are no other symptoms.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No. Also 101.7 is too high to be caused by teething. I know moms tend to blame all sorts of ailments on teething, but throwing up with a fever over 101 is not teething. Your baby may have a stomach bug, but you really should see a dr because in kids under the age of 5, swine flu is looking like a stomach bug.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My son will be 6 months old in a week and a half and he is teething too. He spits up so much now so I think it's part of it. He never spit up before I mean solids and formula.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes it can and does.
    Anything over 101 tho should be taken to the dr
    My husband was that way he would throw up and get fevers and when he was done throwing up he would havae a new tooth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009