Does your child see the same doctor every time?

If you go to a doctor's office that has many other doctors practicing (ie Pediatric Associtaes) does your child always see the same doctor? Why would it be a bad idea to not see the same doctor each time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No, my DD doesn't. Well, her assigned doctor has been out for awhile 'cause she was having a baby, but it was weird 'cause even when she was suppose to be back we saw someone different. I wish my DD could see the same one all the time.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 5:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with seeing a different Dr. every time but I prefer my children see the same one.  Their Dr. is awesome and really got to know them.  He has been their Dr. since my first was born.  They are comfortable with him and him and I have the same opinions about their health care.  He takes his time and makes sure to be very thorough.  I wouldn't pick another Dr. PERIOD so maybe I'm a bit biased, lol. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If it is a regular check up yes. If it's a sickness no. But my kids have been with this particular practice for about 7 years and the doctors have been with the practice for a long time too. My twins have special needs and this practice was established for kids with special needs so they are incredible.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We have a family doctor. We all see the same one every time

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We see the same one every time, i maek sure i call ahead early enough for their yearly checkups to get their regular doctor and because my daughter is chronic shes on a special list that guarantees she sees the same dr every time!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 5:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• They try to schedule appointments with our primary care doctor, but with sick calls it's not always possible.

All their records are in the "system" (computerized) so any doctor can access any record. I don't have a problem seeing another doctor in our practice at all.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We try, but no. But I try to stick with 2 main pediatricians
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• no. they have different doctors . but they do repeat them sometimes. But they do ask if we prefer a certain doctor. so I guess you can request one if you need to. that shouldn't be any problem.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes. It is in my son's files that he does NOT see a particular doctor because she is very rude and demeaning to the kids. Out of the 4 doctors in the office, my son sees one all the time and there is another that we will see if the other doctor is not available. It has been like this for about 6 years.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes, we have a preferred pediatrician for our boys- and I just LOVE him- he is awesome! About the only time they see an associate is when they are ill and get 'worked in' to the schedule, as sometimes our doctor is not the doctor on call or he is full up for the day. Thankfully that has not happened very often (although the associates are nice too).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2009