What do you think of Gordon Brown?

Well UK media shares alot about world politics (including america) However during my two holidays in America, watching the news programmes...so little was shown of any country outside of the USA. I found that so strange, almost claustrophobic in a way.

So is our prime minister reported in your country? Do you have any opinions on HIM? Or our upcoming general election?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So is our prime minister reported in your country? Nope

You won't hear much of that on the our media. I usually catch BBC news once in a while. You have to realize our media right now is the left versus the right. So they don't have time to bash your country, they are way to busy bashing the American people. Once Obama loses his health care battle they will probably open it up and start talking about other places again. The only time you hear the UK mentioned is if they are trying to compare your Health care system with the proposed system here.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You won't see much about Gordon Brown in this country, unless he comes for a visit here. I haven't heard enough to form any opinion at all. He's not been as visible as Tony Blair was.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Our media will only cover news in the UK, when it involves a meeting in which our President attends, a bombing, or something involving the Monarchy/Royal Family Members.

However, I must say you have some FABULOUS conservative members of Parliament, and some of the columnists from The Telegraph are "spot on" when it comes to American politics! LOL

Such as this one!

I LOVE seeing how other countries see us, and are laughing at the person currently occupying the White House--since our primarily liberal media is too wussy to tell the truth!  It's refreshing to see that not everyone is/was snowed by Obama! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Well, we loved (or at least respected) Tony Blair. I don't know much about your "new" guy. There are a lot of reports about other countries. We report when there is something to report. America doesn't concern herself with the ways of other countries. That seems so nosey. We also don't comment on the goings on in other countries. It's none of our business. Being a "watcher" seems kind of foreign to us. Why watch when our opinion wouldn't change your life one bit. It just becomes so much gossip and trash talking. That is how the Europeans treat us. We don't like it much.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Tony Blair was as much of an asshole as bush was. The majority of our country hate blair....so im fairly shocked to see so many blair fans among you guys.
    Anonymous