What did you like or not like about your baby shower?

I want to have a really nice party of about 30 - 40 people for my sister in laws baby shower. I am wondering about games, food and etc. They are finding out the sex on the 12th. We are planning to have the shower in late November. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

threeboysmama

Asked by threeboysmama at 5:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No one threw me and baby shower so i wouldn't know. You can make pigs-n-a blanket, have chips and dip. make a cake out of diapers, etc.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't like the shower to be a surprise, the expectant mom should know about it, in my opinion. The last one I gave I found cute and inexpensive paper goods- plates, cups, napkins, centerpieces, invitations, thank yous, favors that matched. The favors folded up into little baby carriages, and I bought some tiny rattles and attached them. It is nice if a meal is actually served, but not necessary. We had buffet foods- meat balls, cold cuts, a pretty cake. Someone should write down each gift.
    Have fun!

Answer by Bmat at 5:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• One thing my sister did for my baby shower that I LOVED was she handed each person who came an envelope and had them put their address on it, inside was a 3x5 notecard for them to write a piece of advice and a special wish. She used the notecards for a doorprize sort of deal and the envelopes she gave to me with thank-you notes, so all I had to do was write the notes, put a stamp on and mail. It was a great time saver for me so I didn't have to worry about finding all the addys of people.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I like the food ('cause I got to pick out what I wanted), but I hated the games! They were the stupidest games ever and my friend that was in charge of them didn't do the ones I asked her to do.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 5:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My grandmother had a shower for me when I was pg with my oldest. She served this tomato jello stuff that I almost threw up. It was awful.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• aurora, my mom did the same thing with the address on the envelopes! it was a time saver. i definitely loved the food, my mom & MIL asked what we wanted, which was great! i really loved that my SO was involved & there! he had such a good time opening baby presents & all of his friends came! of course, because of all the males, we didn't play any games, but i def preferred that.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• mine was good, with men and women family, BUT the thing i didn't like is they had it set up to where we were standing while we opened our gifts. hello, i'm 8 mos pregnant! set it up so i have a nice cozy chair to sit in. lol :) i like having men and women there because i've always thought the females only tradition was a little weird. have fune!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I didn't like that I pretty much had to do stuff by myself. No one was really in "charge" so when everyone was done eating and we should have been doing cake and presents I had to pretty much just start opening presents just so that we weren't sitting there wondering what the hell was going on.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2009