When are you loving thy neighbor or just being a push over?

On my street there is a lady who does home daycare.she happens to be my next door neighbor.

Every morning, a mom drops the baby off, at this time most the neighbors have left for work so it is not a big deal. She picks up the baby around 4:30. Some of us are home, some are just getting home, some have a few hours before getting home.

If the spots on the street are filled she will park on the street but literally blocking the driveway. I understand she is only there about 5 minutes so I ignore it but more than once my husband or son has come at this exact moment and can't park. she seems to not care at all when we ask her to move.

Is it time to call 911 and have the car ticketed? Or just take the 5 minute inconvenience? My real problem is she and my neighbor seem to have very little respect for us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't call 911, thats for emergencys. Instead I would look up the city police number and call them, after you have called them a few times code enforcement will probably be willing to come hang out a few days at the approx time and take care of it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It is really your neighbor who should be telling her to not block the neighbor's driveways. Maybe if you go next door and explain how often it has happened, and that you would really like her to not block the driveway anymore.

Or you can go put out cones at the end of your driveway, maybe a funny sign???

Don't call 911.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would just talk to your neighbor and have her tell her parents not to block the driveway. It will be kind of an awkard conversation- but not as awkard as living next to her after you call the cops on her.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would go out there the minute she did that and ask that she move. I would also talk to the neighbor about this. If neither one of those options work, then let them both know you will be calling the police. Another option; if you have two cars, is to park in the empty spot. If you want to be really mean about things, especially if you husband comes home, is park in a manner where she has to manuever around to get going or you can check and see if there are zoning restrictions regarding running a business out of your home. Yes, I can be the neighbor from hell :)
    Jewelzgirl

Answer by Jewelzgirl at 2:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009