There is just no delicate way to ask this....

Is anyone else freaked out to strain too hard to poop because you are scared you will start pushing the baby out. I am kinda constipated and scared to try to hard because I am afraid that I will start pushing the baby out, lol. I am only about a week away from my due date...Anyone else have this irrational fear or other irrational fears?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i feel the same way!!! lol i was actually thinking about it last night when i was going "potty" lol i was like omg what if i push so hard my water breaks and i cant really GET OFF the toilet at that moment lol then i was like what if i push him out! then you do the thing where you check real quick to make sure there isnt a friggen arm hang out your cooch lol
    im sorry a little TMI i know, but i thought i was the only one who felt that way lol
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Omg I had the same feelings when I was pregnant with my first!
    And this one time, Subway completely turned my stomach inside out and I was about 6 months along, and on that damn toilet for about 3 hours. (No joke!) and it was while we were out at dinner! Luckily it was with my whole family, LOTS of people, so nobody noticed I was missing pretty much the whole time.

I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE THE BABY RIGHT THERE IN A MEXICAN GRILL TOILET!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Increase your fruits and fiber to keep stools soft. You will not poop your baby out, but could get hemrrhoids from the straining. Second stage, does feel a lot like you're pooping a watermelon, but you have to get through first stage first, I promise, it won't sneak up on you, you will know! Anyway, if you're only one week away from your due date, why should you be scared of pushing your baby out? It's time to get ready for those sensations, it's nothing to be scared of. Hey, if you do happen to push your baby out on the toilet, be thankful it was such a easy birth! But you probably won't be that lucky.
    marlenecpm

Answer by marlenecpm at 5:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Haha yea but on a real note I heard that you should try not to strain when pregnant bc you are more prone to getting uh..hemroids or hernia....can't remember which. I read that with my first pregnancy and I've never been able to get it out of my head! lol
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Well, I didn't have that fear. Mine was that I would have a BM while I was pushing to deliver. I had that fear the whole last part of my pregnancy with my first. Then when the time came, I didn't care if that happened or not and pushed for all I was worth! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You can't push a baby out through a closed cervix. But you may pop out a hemmorhoid. So drink lots and have lots of fiber. If your really bunged up try a stool softener or a glycerine suppository.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yeah that crosses my mind sometimes LOL but when your cervix dilates you get the runs so it really is illogical...
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I actually had the opposite fear -- that I was going to push the baby out so hard that I'd poop. And as embarrassing as it is to admit, that happened. I was mortified. But apparently it's normal, I don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OMGOSH i do get so scared u are not the only one i mean i know realistilcly it cant happen but i still get a little nevous lolzz
    hotmama0820

Answer by hotmama0820 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i am so happy you asked this. i seriously have feared this during my pregnancy!!!!!!! i told my cousin & she laughed at me, but said it's an understandable irrational fear.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009