Bananas before 4months?

My neighbor babysat my baby for a couple of hours and he said that he feeded him a little bit of a banana... and he is a week away from being 4 months old. I told him b4 that i didnt want him to feed him anything else besides the formula he is supposed to be getting. And one time he gave my baby a taste of pudding... I told him that I got mad and dont want it to happen again..,. Then he feeds him bananas. The father said he would get a different baby sitter now(his mom) so that way it wont happen again... Is it bad that he ate alittle bit of bananas? He didnt get a rash or anything from it... but He had a flem like voice/cough while he was eating last

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will likely be all right, but definitely no more going to that neighbor if that person can't follow instructions.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Its ok..once or twice isnt going to be of detriment.

I know you must be really angry but don't worry about it. Its good you got a new babysit.

I really dont understand why people can't follow instructions. This is your child, you know best..why do people think they can mess with your kid!?!?
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If the baby is formula fed it probably doesn't make much difference. The baby's system has already been compromised by having formula, it does not have the proper bacteria and is physically damaged. The formula such a poor choice compared to human milk that banana doesn't matter much at that age.

If the baby was breastfed I would be very upset and consider pressing charges. I would not want my breastfed baby to have anything before 6 months. It can take a month or longer for the baby's gi track to recover from a small amount of formula or other food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009