Should I bring my boys to one of those Haunted Houses ?

We have been invited to one of those (fake) Haunted Houses by DH's work. Our sitter is not avilable that night, or anyone else for that matter, so I told DH he should go, and I would stay home w/the boys.
When he got home next day, he said the others had suggested to bring the boys (they are 6 & 9), I flat out said no! But now I just wanna make sure I'm not being too protective and smothering them.
They play scary games like HALO, and Nazi Zombie with no proplem (no nightmares) and watch semi-scary movies (like Van Helsing, Underworld and such - not SAW or other horror movies though)
I know we will be right there with them, but I just think it's too much for them, still.
Am I mothering them too much? Would you bring your kids at that age???

How young do you think is too young to go to one of those places???

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 5:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Depends on the haunted house and on the kid. Some haunted houses have age suggestions.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yeah it depends on the haunted house a lot. I mean around here they have like 7 different ones all created at different budgets. So you have the really almost funny stupid ones they are so bad and then you haev the really scary chase you with a saw ones. I would check with them and see what they have in there that might scare them and then you be the judge form that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Ooh, did not know there are different ones, I'm gonna check w/ the House to find out. Thank you!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2009