Jelly bracelets the teens are wearing = do they have sexual meanings??

So a million teens I've seen are wearing those thin colored jelly bracelets. Well, when it was just girls I didn't think much about it. But now boys are wearing them too so I got suspicious and then I read on the internet that they usually have sexual meanings, like letting someone know what type of sexual interactions you are willing to have. Also, I've seen colored pony tail holders on BOYS arms which I found weird since they usually have short hair and wouldn't be keeping a pony tail holder for their hair. So do the pony tail holders mean the same thing too? What do you guys know about this stuff?

sammybear71

Asked by sammybear71 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I thought this phase passed, to be honest.
    It was rampant a few years ago - and most just put them on "to boost their status" *rolls eyes*

Yes, it did have sexual meaning. I forget what all the colors represented. But it was standard... blow job, sex, hand job, blah blah. I thought it was ridiculous, and still is!
    Haven't heard the pony tail one yet...
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i wouldnt doubt it. everything now has sexual meaning for teens its rediculous! my favorite was the pop can tab. who the hell comes up with this stuff??
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 5:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Black - the wearer will have regular "missionary" sex
    Blue - indicates oral sex performed on a guy
    Clear - indicates a willingness to do anything the snapper wants
    Green - indicates that oral sex can be performed on a girl
    Glittery Blue - is willing to perform anal sex
    Glittery Clear - wearer will let the snappee "feel up" or touch any body part
    Glittery Green - the wearer is willing to "69"
    Glittery Pink - willing to "flash" a body part
    Glittery Purple - willing to French kiss
    Glittery Yellow - indicates kissing and hugging is acceptable
    Yellow - wearer is willing to hug
    Pink - wearer is willing to give a hickey
    Orange - wearer is willing to kiss
    Purple - wearer is willing to kiss a partner of either sex
    Red - wearer is willing to perform a lap dance
    White - wearer will flash what they have

But they have to be snapped for it to happen.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 5:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OMG, I am sooooo clueless. I never knew that. How stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• this is crazy! i had no clue! i wear a pony tail holder on my arm all the time, but def just means its there in case i need to put my hair up lol.....the things they come up with hoping parents wont find out....wow
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• WOW!! I feel soo old. I've never heard about this let alone seen any teenagers wearing these bracelets.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! I'm gonna freak out if my teenage daughter starts wearing these!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't freak about it. If you see your kid wearing them, ask. We had those back in the 80's. I remember bottle caps being used the same way, lol.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• LOl my niece's school had to ban those things. It's so stupid. She was telling me that if a boy broke the band that you 'had' to do what ever it represented to him. **whatever** I am so glad to be past the high school crap. God help me when my kids get there.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• That stuff has been going on since I was in junior high in the late 80s/early 90s (and before that). It never actually meant anything and was all about talk.
    My 9yo daughter wears them because they are pretty. And I bought them for the kids years ago.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2009