Does your kid watch tv and eat at same time?

Do you let your child eat dinner/lunch/breakfast while watching T.V.? Do you make him or her eat at kitchen table or let them eat wherever? Do they have to stay seated?

heartfrommyson

Asked by heartfrommyson at 5:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• In my house it depends, sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. I don't have any rules about it, we take it one meal at a time and go from there.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Mine currently eats in her highchair in the kitchen. When we all eat together she eats at the table but still in her highchair between her daddy and myself. We don't think that eating and watching t.v. is such a great thing.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• right now while finishing the house we do. but they do have to stay seated while we eat. o ya and we dont have chairs for dining table yet lol. but when its done we definitely will be sitting at the table as a family to eat.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't own a TV so no doesn't eat in front of it.

He generally eats at the table now because her wants to..but sometimes he eats bits and pieces while running about. It is entirely up to him how he eats and when he eats.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• They eat at the table and while the TV might be on, it's in another room so they might hear it, but they're not watching it. We're usually discussing their day.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Absolutely not.  I don't see anything wrong if thats what someone else chooses but it's not okay to me.  We sit down in the kitchen together (kids are 2 and 3) and hub and I talk about our day, etc.  They can watch television after they have finished their dinner but we found that if we let them watch television during a meal they tend to not really eat and focus more on the television.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Maybe 1 snack a week will be in front of TV.

And we have a movie night about once a month.... with popcorn and juice.

but never meals, no.... never.

I think a few times for treats or maybe when they've been really sick and I just want them to EAT i dont care about where and how.... I've spread a blanket on the floor and turned a movie on for a picnic lunch
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My children eat at the table only.
    We do not watch tv while eating.
    They must stay seated for the entire meal.
    There is no wandering through the house with food.

Popcorn with a movie is the exception.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Since my children have been able to eat they have sat at the table at meal times and have been taught proper table manners. The TV is off most of the evening so we can have a family dinner each night and then we do an activity together. Breakfast is eaten together again without TV. I am the only one home for lunch but when the kids were at home during the day they ate at the table without TV. We don't ban TV we just don't have it on that much we have better things to do most days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• They eat lunch and dinner at the table.
    They eat breakfast either at the table or on the sofa so they might watch tv then but thats it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009