my 3 week old just vomited (what do i do)

ok it all started last night i changed my dd diaper and 5mins later she had pooped again so i changed her and then it happened again and again i changed her like 6 times in 30 mins but i didnt think anything of it now today she wasnt eating like she usually does still didnt think anyhting of it because she did this last week and the doc said she was fine now she just vomited excorsist style all overthe place what do i do and what could this be

mom2kaydence09

Asked by mom2kaydence09 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was always told that if my ds projectile vomited like that to take him in to get checked out. Sounds like stomach virus or maybe milks not agreeing with her.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It could be acid reflux which is pretty common. My daughter had it when she was little and she is completely fine now. If you're that worried than take her to the doctor and ask if acid reflux could be the cause. I'm sure everything will be fine.
    armywife12

Answer by armywife12 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yeah i just dont know what i should do my hubby is at work so i have no ride to the hospital now and last time i went the doc told me she was fine and now this iam a first time mom so i am like OMG what do i do
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• What if you call doc; some offices have the 24hr line thing.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Call the doc and see what they recommend and if you take her to them and do not get an answer that you are comfortable with, it is OK to question the doctor.

My doctor cringed when I would walk in as I QUESTION everything they do and make them give me reasons for their opinions...you do NOT have to take their answer at face value...you as a mom have the right to question them.

I would take her to the doctor as diharrea and vomiting can cause dehydration FAST in one so young!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Formula or breastmilk?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• call the dr. it could be something bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Formula or breastmilk?
    why does itmatter!! it could be a virus!!
    op trust me if its formula she might need anotehr kids if bf maybe it was soemthing you ate
    also it could be a virus like the rotovirus, just take your dd to the doctor. and if you do ff dont listen to those who tell you that if you had bf your nany wouldnt have a problem cuz i was bf and i have alot of health problems
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009