How can I convince him?!?!

So my husband and I got married last year, it wasn't anything like I wanted. It was at the courthouse. And he promised me that we would have the wedding I always wanted. So how can I convince my husband that I think its time to start planning for a wedding? I haven't mentioned it b/c lately he has been really cheap, so I'm scarred he's going to say not now. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Get all your prices figured out and then go to him with a fully planned (but not booked) wedding so he can see just what it will cost.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Bring home bridal magazines and a planner and start planning it. Like you said you would.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Just start planning it by yourself. Guys aren't usually too into the wedding details. When you start picking out the more expensive things, bring him in... Whe you want to kow more about where and when to have it, ask him. Say something like "I've been looking at places we can get married, do you have any ideas?" or "I think we should get married (at whatever place), should we have a morning, or evening wedding?" Don't let him know that you are already planning every detail (unless you feel like you are hiding it). Just start picking things out, and get things for free and cheap to start a "collection". When it comes closer (9 months or less) start the "big" shopping...dress, invitations, tuxes (or where to get them). Weddings don't have to be too expensive, just work on a budget and get what you can for free.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Plan it, get figures behind your plans then show him and go from there.

If you have to wait longer...you'll have to wait longer.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009