How to talk to a husband set in their ways?

My husband is truly my soul mate. I couldn't ask for someone better until you bring parenting into the equation. I fell in love with him because of how great he was with my son until we moved in together. My son is a preemie with multiple issues and as of late the issues are becoming bigger. I have never agreed with how he deals with my son. My daughter doesnt get in trouble much, but i dont agree with how he is with her a lot of the time. He has a daughter my kids age as well and she's a mean little girl half the time and does the things that my kids would be punished bad for and she doesn't barely get a "NO". I can't even say this stuff to him because it would only cause a fight as it has done so many times in the past. So I bury it. I know its the wrong thing to do. I should stand up for what I feel, but its so hard to do with him. His family sees this stuff too and think he's wrong, but he cant hear it. what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not really sure that your question came out too clear. I don't see anything wrong with daughter spending more time with him, but is he neglecting preemie? His daughter sounds like she may need punishing and if you are the one taking care of her, you do the punishing. She'll learn real quick not to do something with you around...
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Tell him what you are observing so you can work through it

Answer by admckenzie at 8:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I wish it was that easy. This is why I am writing this tonight. When this stuff gets brought up he gets on the defensive, then we fight, then I start apologizing, then back to me burrying it all again till the next time. I feel alone with this and scared. I do not want to lose him over stuff, but I cant get through to him.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009