what does your religion say about cremation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No real comment about it. Boils down to individual belief about it. Some might find its a quick way for the spirit to reach the afterlife. Some might find it enviromentally more friendly then burial.

Just depends on the person and what they want.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Same here - no official stance.... although cremation is encouraged now for environmental reasons.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• my religion (islam) does not allow cremation. We are to be buried within 24 hours of death back in the ground. The only deviation from that is if the state performs and autopsy other than that. we like the Jews are to bury immediately.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 2301:
    Autopsies can be morally permitted for legal inquests or scientific research. The free gift of organs after death is legitimate and can be meritorious. The Church permits cremation, provided that it does not demonstrate a denial of faith in the resurrection of the body
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• im pretty sure there isnt anything about it. my DH & i have pretty specific cremation plans, so i hope there isnt anything against it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I want to be returned to the earth after I die but I'm not that fussed about whether that's whole or ashes, I just don't want to be frozen in plastic or made in to a diamond or whatever. I'd rather be cremated just because I read one too many stories about premature burial in my youth ;-)
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• theres nothing in my religion about it.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Before anyone decides cremation you should look into it very carefully. Sure if the LO wants to be done it's their wish but it's the LO's left behind have to deal with the thought of it of the process.  Search how it's done through YouTube then decide if you want your request be made.  Just type cremation. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had my husband cremated. God says he will resurrect us all from ashes, since we all return to dust, does it really matter? If anything, it demonstrated my FAITH in God's ability to resurrect. I believe I could scatter his ashes to the four winds and God would still find every particle of the man that was my husband and give him his new body with the creation of the new earth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We obey the laws of the land in countries where it is required, but otherwise we don't do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009