Potty advice

My daughter will be turning the big 4 tomorrow. She's daytime potty trained, but is a very heavy sleeper at night so she wears a pull up just in case. For some reason, we can't get her to poop in the potty. She will hold it in until that pull up gets put on. I thought I would keep her up a bit later, and put her on the potty around the same time she would go at night, but she outsmarted me and decides to poop in the middle of the night now.
I've even tried to make a game out of pooping in the potty for her, introduced an award sticker sheet where she can choose one herself, even tried bargaining with treats (I know I shouldn't though, but it still didn't work). Any advice to help her be not so scared to poop?

Emmysmom222

Asked by Emmysmom222 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She may not understand how to push.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had the same problem with my son. I put his favorite underwear on him (Go! Diego Go!) and told him that he couldn't get them dirty because Diego didn't like to get dirty. Ever since I told him that, he hasn't pooped in his underwear yet. Try putting her favorite character underwear on her and see what happens. I hope that helps.
    ashley_momof3

Answer by ashley_momof3 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009