anemia

did anybody have it while prego was your baby okay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did your blood work confirm that you were anemic? i don't think it will harm the baby unless you don't take care of the problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It's common to have and unless the mom is very anemic the baby does OK. Iron is important for brain growth so breastfeeding would be even more important.

Here are the problems. The baby may need to be checked at a younger age to make sure iron stores are OK. Most bf babies have iron stores to last between 9-12 months and they can be eating meat or other foods with iron.

Your iron stores will be a problem. You may need to eat more iron after the baby is born or take iron. The World Health Organization recommends a healthy woman wait until her baby is 3 before trying to conceive for the health of the mom and the baby. It would be best if you waited even longer.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i am anemic and with wboth my pregnancies my iron would be so low.....it ran like a 7....and after i had them my iron return to some what normal.....however i lost alot of blood during my c-section more than half my blood volume...but thats nor every one.....its just me i guess.. i wish oyu luck....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009