What's a word that people mispronounce that makes you laugh?

Mine is Gross.
My DH's grandfather pronounces is GRAHS.

It always has me laughing. Now, I actually pronounce it that way without even thinking about it.

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 7:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, I cringe more than laugh... espresso is pronounced ess-presso, NOT ex-presso. I hate that!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I like it when my cuban spanish teacher says "beach" it sounds like....
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• LoL, lowencope: I use to laugh even time my Cuban teacher would say my name. Instead of saying Nee-sha. He would say Neen - cha. Its funny when ppl here in Ga says "Tay-der" instead of potato, LoL.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My husband always hard trouble with "pistachios", he called them "pa-ta-ch-ios" (ch as in church). I love how kids mispronounce things but get annoyed when adults do it. Funny that.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My granddaughter calls us nana and pop except right now. She says "bot" instead of pop. Sounds like it is short for "robot". And, my niece, many years ago, called my dad "teapot". We couldn't figure out why until.....she walked in and my dad said, "Hi sweetheart". She said, "Hi teapot". We realized teapot=sweetheart. Love it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Jesse--that's so cute . . teapot! Dh switches up ch and sh all the time. So I crack up when he's trying to say "windshield" and it comes out as "windchill" . . . lol I tease him relentlessly!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I used to game and people would pronounce gorget incorrectly.
    It should be gor-jet.
    They said gor-get.
    It drove me insane.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Specific a lot of people say pacific. Our oldest son cannot say Vanilla. My Husband and our family gets a big laugh out of the way he says it. They make him repeat over and over like they can't hear him. He says Va-nil-la-la-la
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• well my husband used to think that dildo was diddle-diddle and Neo from the Matrix was Neil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I hate it when people get idea and ideal mixed up. Like "Oh I have a great ideal." It drives me nuts. Also my dh mispronounces chance he pronounces it chanch. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009