Have you used a heating pad during pregnancy?

I have bad lower back pain, so I use a heating pad. I also use it becasue I am anemic and get terribly cold at night. I only use it on my back, and do not let it touch my belly, but I was wonderring if anyone else has used one during pregnancy....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah i use one too...my doc told me to b/c of my back pain...she gave me some meds and i could only take them every 6 hours, but they wernt helping the pain for that long so she said to use a heating pad...she told me it was safe
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It doesn't sound like good idea. You aren't supposed to use hot tubs or take too hot of a bath.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Doctors don't say anything against it. The only reason (that I've noticed) that we are not allowed in hot tubs are because companies don't want to be responsible for us getting in at the wrong time and going into labor... There is really nothing wrong with using warm things especially since they put you in a hot jacuzzi if your labor stops while you are at the hospital.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I use one...I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't. My lower back HURTS all the time and I have issues with my hips.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My doc told me as long as my tub was less than 120 degrees (which is hotter than I like anyway) and I was in there less than half an hour, they were fine. I would guess its just a question of being careful with the heating pad as well.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009