circumsise? ( I know i mispelled it i apologize)

i want to ge my son circumsised, he will be one in october the hospital where i delivered him at has told me that they do not perform them anymore that i have to take him to a urologist i believe, well my question is does anyone have any idea how much it will cost? We no longer have any insurance cause my husband got laid off so yea? any help?

waterlily89

Asked by waterlily89 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• We paid out of pocket for my sons and it was about 350 but that was at the hospital when he was delivered. i dont know if its more if you wait!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• are you sure you want to do this?? you do realize its going to hurt WAY worse than when he was BORN!
    btw i have no idea.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• $500-$2000

Why would you want to do it now? If you don't have insurance your son may qualify for Medicaid or other government childrens' insurance. It probably won't pay for circumcision.

Why do it now?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• were doing ours at the hosp. and we had to pay $250 out of pocket for it...(i live in FLA by the way, dont know if it vaires in different areas)
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't think it will hurt worse than when he was born...he will just be able to vocalize better. When a baby is just born he has just been through a traumatic experience. Genital pain from circumcision just adds to the trauma. It was a common misconception in the 80's that babies did not feel it, and therefore the procedure was often performed without anesthesia. It still hurts, 1 day old or one year. Cost ranges anywhere from $50 to $350, with the average being $115.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 8:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Where I am from it would have cost me $600 out of pocket to get it done,and medicaid wouldn't cover it because it is considered a cosmetic procedure. I don't know if that's everywhere though or just where we were at the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My son's cost $500.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Contact a Mohel (a rabbi who performs the ritual circumcision); it will cost much less than a doctor, and it will be done by someone who does this several times a week.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009